Thursday, December 20, 2007

work safety vol. 2

So, just yesterday I posted about the carbon monoxide alarm going off....well, today my office was evacuated!

When I got into work today, I noticed a smell and the alarm was still going off. I was feeling lightheaded, but wasn't sure if it was just my aversion to mornings, acute carbon monoxide poisoning or me overreacting.

I had a meeting at 9:30 with a vendor, which I took off-site as not to poison someone that works for us. As we sit down with our coffee, I see a firetruck screaming down the road. I joke, "wouldn't it be funny if it was headed to my office?" Well it was.

My building was swarming with 2 firetrucks and half of the Olathe Police Department. Turns out, we have been exposed to slightly elevated carbon monoxide fumes for a few weeks.

Woohoo! Half day off! Question: should I really be this excited about my health being in danger? Who cares?! I can have a beer with lunch on a Thursday! Totally worth it! Plus, if I have done anything stupid in the past few weeks (only a small likelihood, really), I can blame it on the CO. That's a win-win-win!! Right?

Labels: